GIS Intern (Planning Office)County of Adams (PA)
|Posted: Mar 25, 2013|
|NUMBER OF OPENINGS||1||APPROXIMATE HOURS PER WEEK||Maximum 16|
The County of Adams PA current population of 101,000, County seat Gettysburg, and located within an hour of the Baltimore/Washington and Harrisburg Metropolitan areas is seeking a highly motivated Intern to join our high-performing team in the GIS Division of the Planning Department from May to August 2013.
Intern will be responsible for project related work efforts related to the GIS Division of the Planning Department. Primary duties will include quality control of data layers, creation of municipality based data, scanning and joining hard-copy documents to digital data, and other related duties.
Computer/IT – Database Administration
April/May 2013-August 2013
• Excellent communications skills (both orally and written).
• Ability to take direction and work independently, or as part of a team, to facilitate GIS/ACOPD goals and objectives.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe.
• GIS experience.
• Hard work ethic and personable.
• Currently be pursuing a degree in GIS, Geography, or a related discipline with a strong focus in GIS (e.g. Environmental Science, Planning, Computer Science, Engineering).
• Demonstrated knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS software (10.x), including but not limited to editing data, creating data, modifying geographic data and ESRI Toolsets.
• Experience with data processing and management (DBF, spreadsheets, Access databases, geodatabases).
• Familiarity with ArcGIS Online and/or map/web services.
Willing to work with colleges or universities to allow for credit. Reference and recognition letter provided at successful end of internship.
Depending upon eligibility a work stipend may be available. No health benefits