FW by Andy Wilson
Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever
Conrad, Chinook, & Scobey, Montana (3 positions)
Last Date to Apply:
22 Oct 2015
Locations: Conrad, Chinook, & Scobey, Montana
(In your cover letter, please rank the locations in your priority order or specify if you have no preference. Please clearly state if you don’t want to be considered for a particular location.)
The incumbent serves as a Farm Bill Wildlife Biologist providing biological/wildlife/range technical assistance for Natural Resource Conservation Service (NRCS), Montana Fish Wildlife and Parks (MTFWP), Ducks Unlimited and Pheasants Forever (PF) conservation programs to agriculture producers and landowners. This position will be an employee of, and be supervised by Pheasants Forever, Inc. with daily instruction and leadership provided by local partners. Funding is provided by NRCS, MTFWP, DU, PF Chapters, and other state and local sources.
• Provide technical assistance (wildlife biology focus) and guidance to landowners, government agencies, non-government organizations and others (training will be provided the USDA, MTFWP, PF and other local and state agencies).
• Coordinate the implementation and application of biological sciences within the conservation programs in cooperation with NRCS District Conservationist, MTFWP Private Lands Biologist, PF staff, and others.
• Complete contracts, applications and other required documentation for wildlife conservation programs (i.e. EQIP, CRP, ACEP, etc.).
• Communicate program requirements, complete site visits to determine eligibility, and develop plans and contracts for applicants enrolling in USDA Conservation Programs or other state and local conservation programs.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Salary: $34,000 – $38,000 + Health Benefits and Retirement Package; Starting Salary: $34,000.
Start Date: 11/16/2015
Qualifications: Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with landowners and partner agencies.
• Ability to work independently with little supervision and with diverse clientele.
• Knowledge of wildlife ecology, wetland and grassland management including the ability to utilize various habitat management tools and techniques in the development of management plans.
• Knowledge of conservation and wildlife programs provided by Federal (i.e. Farm Bill, US Fish and Wildlife Service), State agencies and PF. In addition, knowledge of how these programs are implemented in an agricultural landscape is desired.
• Ability to apply and use GIS tools (i.e. GPS, ARC Map, etc.).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Valid driver’s license required; work vehicle provided; some use of personal vehicle required (mileage reimbursement provided).
• Able to obtain USDA Federal Security Clearance.
Training and Experience Guideline: Any combination of training and/or experience that will enable the applicant to possess the required knowledge, skills and abilities. A general qualification guideline for this position is a Bachelor of Science Degree in Wildlife Management or closely related natural resources field and/or related field experience. Applicants with Range experience or education are preferred. Experience working with private land habitat planning is highly desirable.
To apply, please visit our website at: http://www.pheasantsforever.org/jobs ONLY ON LINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Please include your cover letter, resume and 3 references as 1 Word document or PDF file on the Recruitment website.
Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever is an EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled.
Contact: Sarah Piotraschke, HR Specialist, spiotraschke