Seasonal Environmental Science Intern
The Susquehanna River Basin Commission (SRBC), an interstate water resources management agency, seeks a seasonal environmental scientist to assist with water quality and biological monitoring activities based out of its Harrisburg office. This is a paid, temporary position without benefits which is needed for a 6 month assignment beginning approximately May 1.
Primary duties of the position include aquatic science field support activities, instrument use and calibration, equipment maintenance, data entry, and data processing.
Candidates with the following eligibility requirements will be considered:
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, ecology, environmental science or other related disciplines.
- Experience in aquatic science data collection such as fish/macroinvertebrate survey, water sampling, water quality indicator measurements, and on-water activities.
- Skill/experience in troubleshooting mechanical and/or instrument problems and identifying/implementing solutions.
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs—specifically Excel and Access. GIS familiarity a plus.
- Travel throughout the Susquehanna River Basin, including overnight assignments, is required.
- Position requires ability to hike and carry equipment across uneven terrain and some duties will occur despite foul weather conditions.
- Strong communication and organizational skills essential.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
Send cover letter indicating interest and resume to employment by April 10, 2016, Attn: Marcia Hutchinson; Susquehanna River Basin Commission, 4423 N. Front Street, Harrisburg, PA 17110. SRBC is an equal opportunity employer. Visit our website at www.srbc.net.