Thank you Kelly Gross (’15), for forwarding this job opportunity
Requisition Number 16-0010
Post Date 7/20/2016
Title ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENTIST / ENGINEER
Location Richmond, VA
Description SEVA EHS, Inc. is seeking an Environmental Scientist/Engineer to work at our client’s (DoD) location in Richmond, VA.
The primary responsibility will involve providing support to the Environmental Office with various programs including Storm Water, Tanks/SPCC, Pest Management, Hazardous Waste and NEPA. The employee will report directly to the Chief, Environmental Program and coordinate other activities as required. The employee will also
* Coordinate with environmental vendors and monitor their activities
* Conduct weekly and monthly inspections related to stormwater, wastewater, construction, and petroleum storage tank management.
* Perform dry-weather outfall monitoring for 12 outfalls
* Manage all the requirements of the Storm water program to include the National Pollution Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit and the Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) permit under the supervision of a Senior Scientist.
* Inspect construction sites on a bi-weekly basis or following a significant storm event concerning erosion and sediment controls as needed.
* Able to manage and analyze large environmental datasets with spreadsheets and other technical software
* With strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to work effectively under deadlines and budgets
* Able to learn and stay up-to-date on guidance of state and federal environmental regulations
* Able to participate in training events, project meetings and environmental team meetings
* Maintain successful client relations
Skills / Qualifications
* Must have a BS (MS preferred) in Environment Science / Engineering
* 1 to 3 years + environmental experience
* Willing to obtain certification as Erosion and Sediment Control Inspector in VA
* Must be a self-starter with excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong computer skills for database work and proficiency in MS Office
* Must pass drug test, physical, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the company’s driving (MVR) policy
* OSHA 40 hour certification
* CHMM certification
SEVA EHS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.?